NAHCON Raises Alarm Over Fraudsters Selling ‘Guaranteed’ 2027 Hajj Slots
Commission says no individual or agent is authorised to collect extra payments for special allocations, warns pilgrims and tour operators to rely on approved channels
By Abdullahi Yusuf
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has warned intending pilgrims and Hajj tour operators against individuals posing as Commission officials or agents and demanding money in exchange for promises of guaranteed or special allocation of slots for the 2027 Hajj.
The Commission issued the warning after receiving reports that some persons had been contacting tour operating companies and intending pilgrims, demanding various sums as “facilitation fees” or other payments in return for securing Hajj slots.
NAHCON said no individual, agent, tour operator or other person is authorised to demand or collect additional payments under the guise of guaranteeing, facilitating or securing special Hajj allocation.
According to the Commission, allocation of Hajj slots is governed by approved procedures and must comply with its guidelines for the licensing of tour operators.
It described anyone demanding money while promising guaranteed slots as acting fraudulently and without its authority, urging members of the public to report such approaches to the police or other relevant law enforcement agencies.
NAHCON advised intending pilgrims to make payments only through officially designated channels, including State Pilgrims Welfare Agencies, designated Hajj Savings Banks and duly licensed Hajj tour operators.
It also asked pilgrims and tour operators to report unsolicited calls, messages or demands for additional payments linked to Hajj slot allocation.
The Commission further reminded intending pilgrims and operators that allocated slots could be forfeited if the required deadlines are not met.
It said pilgrim data must be uploaded by September 26, 2026, while complete remittance of payments is required by December 2, 2026, regardless of any assurances made by unauthorised persons.
NAHCON said it remained committed to ensuring a transparent, fair and orderly 2027 Hajj exercise and urged the public to rely only on official communications from the Commission.
The warning comes as preparations for the 2027 Hajj continue, with the Commission seeking to prevent fraudulent practices that could expose intending pilgrims and tour operators to financial losses.


