Heavy Clashes as Israel Strikes Southern Lebanon

By Sadiq Abdulfatah

Israeli forces have launched airstrikes and artillery attacks on parts of southern Lebanon, with heavy gunfire reported around Ali al-Taher Heights in Nabatieh Governorate.

Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen network reported that Israeli warplanes targeted an area between Ali al-Taher and al-Dabsha, while Israeli forces also fired heavy machine guns towards the heights.

The report said Israeli artillery units shelled the mountainous area with phosphorus munitions as clashes intensified around the site.

Lebanese sources said Hezbollah fighters were attempting to prevent Israeli forces from advancing towards the area. Hebrew-language media also reported casualties among Israeli troops following what they described as a Hezbollah retaliation.

The latest escalation came hours after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused Hezbollah of violating the ceasefire by attacking Israeli forces inside what he called the “Yellow Line.”

Netanyahu said Israeli forces would continue operations in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip in line with military directives.

The reports followed an earlier incident on Saturday in which Israeli army radio said three Israeli soldiers were wounded when an explosive-laden drone struck a gathering of Israeli forces around Ali al-Taher Heights.

According to the report, the three soldiers belonged to the Yahalom special engineering unit. One was said to have sustained very critical injuries, while the other two were seriously wounded.

Israeli army radio said the drone was the third launched by Hezbollah towards the mountain range in recent weeks. It reported that earlier drones had been used for intelligence and reconnaissance operations in the area.

Netanyahu’s office also confirmed the injuries and said Israeli forces retaliated by striking what it described as a “resistance headquarters” in southern Lebanon.

The attack reportedly killed at least 11 people, including women and children. The office alleged that Israeli troops discovered only after the attack that civilians were inside the targeted premises.

Hezbollah condemned what it called a “brutal massacre” and vowed to respond.

The group said the incident was part of Israel’s continued attacks on Lebanon and warned that further attacks or attempts to establish new realities on the ground would be met with a response aimed at defending Lebanon, its people, sovereignty and national dignity.

Source: Press TV

...........................................
...........................................

SPONSORED

SPONSORED

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *